Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Cereal Box Paintings

Last year I was asked if I would design and paint a couple of Yeti & Sasquatch themed fake cereal box covers. Being a huge fan of vintage cereal box design I thought it would be a fun little project to take on. I referenced and took inspiration from classic cereal box designs for this project and below is what I ended up with. Both paintings are a combination of Acrylic Paint and Paper Collage and measure 20" x 16".



Abominable Frostbites. I had previously done a Yeti Cereal Box design a few years back and thought I'd use the same name, but created a new overall design for this painting.



Big Foot's Camper Crunch. This one was a completely new concept.



There are a few of my preliminary paintings I did when I was just conceptualizing the characters. They are pretty similar to previous Yeti & Sas designs I've done, but I still wanted to mix them up a little for these Cereal Box paintings.